The Animal Therapeutics Equine Water Treadmill is purpose built for safety and ease of operation, allowing the horse to work in a controlled and straight environment in a natural outline through both the walk and trot. Ideal for properties that want the great benefits of hydrotherapy but do not have the room for built in pools or circular horse water walkers.
Who uses Water Treadmills?
- Veterinary practices
- Racing stables
- Rehab & Therapy centres
- Yearling preparation stables
- Commercial stables
- Private stables
Benefits of using a Equine Water Treadmill:
- Controlled and safe environment for aerobic exercise
- Suitable for horses of all levels of training and competition
- Allows horse to work evenly without influence of a rider
- Increases cardiovascular activity, muscle tone, strength and stride length
- Gentle low-concussive environment to rehabilitate tendons and ligaments
- Reduces swelling and inflammation through cold water treatment
- Optional salt water assists the management of abrasions, open wounds, infections and arthritis
- Support and movement after surgery or injury
- Treatment of shin splints
- Corrects gait imbalances through straight, balanced, low-impact exercise
- Builds topline and correct gait, perfect for sales and yearling preparation
The Water Treadmills come with many features and options to suit your location and needs, including:
- salt water or fresh water
- adjustable aeration and salt content
- chiller units
- fully transparent sides
- platform to view horse from above
- custom filtration systems; including drum, charcoal and UV – no chemicals required
- rapid filling and emptying
- ground level walk-way
- adjustable water depth
- pre-set and build-your-own programs
- adjustable water temperature
- can be used as a dry treadmill.
- incline options
- walk only or walk & trot
- 3-phase or single-power
- Rubber buffers on doors
- Entry and exit doors are one-hand operation
How it worksWater treadmills combine the use of cold therapy and hydrotherapy and are useful for rehabilitation and aerobic activity, and is a great addition to fitness regimes for any discipline. Incorporating treadmill and spa use in your training means that any underlying injuries are being treated and strengthened, the horse is non-invasively forced to walk straight and evenly building muscles and ensuring the back and hindquarters are working. Fitness goals can be achieved more easily with less time and space requirements and the addition of water provides resistance training and builds core strength.
With equipment like a spa and treadmill at your disposal, your horse’s recovery timepost injury or surgeryis significantly reduced. Even when they can’t be lightly worked, tendons and ligaments can be getting healing spa therapy, and the buoyancy of the water in a water treadmill reduces impact and enables them to begin effective yet low stress exercise earlier. The clear sides mean gait analysis can occur at each stage of the recovery process.
Cold therapy reduces risk of injury after strenuous exercise such as jumping or racing, bringing rapid relief from pain, bruising and swelling. Hydrotherapy helps to enhance suppleness, stride length, muscle tone and core strength. Hydrotherapy also gives an effective full body workout, improving general fitness, joint flexion, respiration and range of movement.
Why an Animal Therapeutics Equine Treadmill?
Highest quality manufacturing on the market
- Heavier duty, longer and wider, stronger materials
- 100% stainless steel
- ISO 9001 full stainless steal
- Includes 5 year warranty
- World leading technology and research with years of experience has gone into every high-performance product
- Each package and installation is tailored specifically to your needs and space
- Clear sides, freshwater or salt water, various filtration options and more to give you the best flexibility and technology
- Front sides of the treadmill are lower, allowing the horse to work in a natural outline
- Dr Matthias Baumann(GER), Olympic Gold Medal winner and Global Expert on performance horse conditioning and rehabilitation with treadmills and water treadmills
- Actively involved and constantly innovating, ensuring every German manufactured piece of equipment is world class
- Designed and built with specifically with high performance horses in mind
- Whether pre-training, coming back from a spell or post rehabilitation, using a treadmill to prepare your horse means low impact but very effective training can commence before you’re ready to ride
- When you do start training, you’re working with muscles and condition that have been built up evenly and effectively, so you can move onto the next stage and progress quickly
- Up to 24 months servicing from locally trained technicians is provided with your installation – regular maintenance program with no extra charges for travel and time
See the science behind the use of Water Treadmills and their benefits here.
The Animal Therapeutics Water Treadmill comes with 5 years warranty* and up to 24 months of servicing from locally trained technicians is provided with your installation.
Water Treadmills are customised to suit your needs and can range upwards from AU$100,000 depending on your stable’s requirements. Let us know a bit about your horses, goals and what issues you’re dealing with and we’ll help customise exercise therapy systems to best suit your needs.
*see warranty documents for details of inclusions
†NZ Prices not inclusive of GST